Trip Hacks DC is primarily a source of travel content for Washington, DC visitors. But once visitors get here, especially when they sign up for a Trip Hacks DC tour, they have a lot of questions and curiosities about what it’s like to live in DC. If you’re planning to move here, hopefully you’ll find plenty of useful information in this episode. If you’re just visiting, hopefully this episode helps satisfy some of your curiosity.
Rob welcomes John Coleman to the podcast. John is a real estate agent who has dedicated much of his time to perfecting the home buying process. He’s also the host of Coffee with Coleman, a YouTube channel where he loves to discuss Washington DC, real estate, business, and all that good stuff. Make sure to follow along with him on Instagram and Facebook as well.
Listen to this episode now:
Or listen and subscribe in your favorite podcast app:
Moving to Washington DC resources:
- Explore neighborhoods virtually on the Trip Hacks DC live walks
- Read the big Wikipedia list of DC neighborhoods for a sense of all the neighborhoods here
- DC Internet options: Verizon Fios, Comcast Xfinity, RCN, Starry
- Cell phone options: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
- What locals like to do for fun
- Happy hour or brunch with friends
- Alumni associations
- Sports (pro and college)
- Theater at the Kennedy Center and elsewhere
- Live music (listen to the podcast episode on this topic)
Minor correction: the Washington Nationals had their first winning season in 2012, not 2011 as stated in the episode.