Learn about the top 8 iPhone and Android apps that you should download to your smartphone for your trip to Washington, DC. View the original video on YouTube.
Subscribe for more Trip Hacks DC travel videos.
Interested in a private guide tour? Check out what I offer.
1. Metro apps – for using the Metro
My favorite Metro App is MetroHero, but there are many options if you search “DC Metro”. MetroHero can run in your mobile browser without a download.
2. Rail hailing apps – for hiring a ride
Lyft Code: ROB992294 / Uber Code: UBERROBP
Lyft for Android
Lyft for iPhone
Uber for Android
Uber for iPhone
3. Smithsonian Mobile – for exploring museums
Smithsonian for Android
Smithsonian for iPhone
4. Yelp – for finding places to eat
Yelp for Android
Yelp for iPhone
D.C.’s Michelin-Rated Restaurants.
5. Citymapper – for getting around
Citymapper for Android
Citymapper for iPhone
6. NPS National Mall – for exploring the Mall
NPS National Mall for Android
NPS National Mall for iPhone
7. Spotcycle – for using Capital Bikeshare
Spotcycle for Android
Spotcycle for iPhone
8. TapIt – Find places where you can refill your water bottle
TapIt for Android
TapIt for iPhone
WCP article about DC tap water.
Follow Trip Hacks DC on Social Media: